Sunday, October 24, 2010

another stellar parenting moment...

Well, this morning, Daddy & Mommy were really tired.
We are such party animals.
HA!

The real story is that we have NHL Center Ice...
we get to watch Avs games, but they aren't always on at the best times.
So, last night, we were up until about midnight.

When the girlies got up at 6-something,
Daddy told them they had to go into the playroom until 7am.
Sure thing, they did it.  LOUDLY.  But, they stayed in there until after 7.
Mommy got up around 7:30 to find them playing nicely together.
{Oh, and saw Daddy had an earplug in. Nice. Ever heard of sharing?!!}
The MESS was incredible, but it's the price we pay.

When I commented on the mess, 
Abby said, "Well, it is a playroom.  That's what we were doing."
Love the first born.

Anywho,
the girls had dressed themselves.
Which might sound like a good thing, but at our house, it's an experience -- sometimes good, sometimes not.
Ab found a great outfit for Beks, but it included jeans (they were at least a dark wash, so that was a battle Mommy didn't pick).
Abby's outfit wasn't her worst, but it was not necessarily good either.
Again, Mommy wasn't in the mood to push the issue.

Fast forward...
Mommy is the last one in the car (making us late for Sunday School, AGAIN!!) -- family waiting patiently for me as I run out of the house to the car backing out of the garage.

We get to the church, and this is what I find when I open up Bek's side of the car...


Hmmm...remembering Daddy yelling up the stairs something about Bek's shoes.
Me answering that I would bring something down.
Me drying my hair.  And trying to find clothes that actually fit me right now.
And running down to the car b/c I'm so late.
Right.
We took Beks to church without shoes.  In jeans.  Nice.
Oh, and we didn't stop there.
We went out to lunch after church.

Will I ever not be that mom?  :)



3 comments:

McClureFamily said...

Cute new look Brooke. Where did you get the layout?

Brad, Brooke, Abigayle, Rebekah and Indy said...

I took a self-paced class @ jessicasprague.com...I just picked some digital papers & elements I liked. It taught me how to use photoshop elements to make the background. It was fun! I had to do it a little at a time, but I will hopefully get to change it to papers I like for the seasons/holidays! Good to hear from you...are you still blogging? I tried to check, but it didn't pull it up.

Benson said...

The Avs, really?! You're in DC now, it's time to Rock the Red! You can't resist Ovie, Green, Semin and Backstrom.