Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Seoul Grand Park

I did it! Well, with a little help from my friend Kristie, I did it! I drove off base for the very first time! AND...we only got lost once. :) The best part is that we didn't freak out, and we found the right road on our own (like we had any other choice!). It was a little intimidating--mainly because you never know what someone is going to do. You might think you know what I mean, but to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, red lights are really not mandatory here. Anyhow, Seoul Grand Park is a zoo & we had a fun time...once we got there!

Yep--KFC is in Korea too! They also have leaves as big as Abby's head...

One of Beks by herself--she thinks it's finger lickin' good. HA! If you saw how she eats her big girl baby food, you might believe me...
This is the ski lift we took up to the top of the zoo--we took this up & walked down
Funny story...this guy was posing for us so Kristie yells to me to take a picture. I had the camera out, so I turned it on & ran over to get the shot. I was so focused on what I was doing that I didn't pay any attention to a Korean couple who kept yelling something (it's not like I understood them anyway). Turns out that I didn't lock my stroller & it was rolling down the hill. Good news...there was only 1 child in it AND there was a small ledge to keep the child/stroller from plunging down to the next level. Another proud parenting moment...

Not the greatest picture, but can you see my oldest daughter--who is a girly-girl--throwing leaves? The next thing she did was lay down in the leaves & do "leaf angels" AND MY CAMERA DIED. This is the girl who does not like to be dirty. It was so cute. I'm hoping Kristie got a cute shot of her. She was actually cooperating with her, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

We will definitely go back. I also learned exactly which exit to take for the flower market! Happy Quilt, here I come. :)

Bloggy love,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need to learn a little Korean even if it's just - Lady, stroller, baby, rolling, look, look!

Anonymous said...

They should be speaking english when your baby is rolling down the hill. The nerve! - BFF

Heather Johnson said...

Thank you for sharing that story...it makes me feel more 'normal' ;-)) Thanks for the fun Halloween stuff. The kids LOVED it. Maddy is working on something for the girls.
Miss you guys,
Heather